I loved my special time with my worker
How does domestic abuse affect children?
Whether involved directly or indirectly, children living with or experiencing domestic abuse or other forms of abuse are at risk of being hurt themselves and also developing emotional problems. The effects it can have on children will be different in every case. These may include:
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Withdrawal etc.
Services CEA provides for Children and Young People
CEA provide 1:1 support, group work or therapeutic interventions to help:
- Keep you safe
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Provide a safe environment to explore feelings and try to help with issues that could be affecting you
- Help you to develop ways of managing negative experiences or feelings
- Identify who you can turn to for help
- Talk about what is happening in your family and how this makes you feel
Sessions will usually take place within a school, however, support can be offered at our office.
Making a Referral
How can you contact us?
Children and family service:
21 Wellside Place,
Falkirk FK1 5RL
I know how to keep safe now
I felt safer
You listened to my worries
Someone to ask how I was feeling
My worker was the only person I could trust
I enjoyed talking to my worker
I felt important and listened to
My support worker listened to me
The support really helped me